We are looking for an experienced, customer-service oriented Camp Manager for one of our 500-1500 person camps. Candidates should be self-starters who possess effective skills in communication, time management and organization.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of an assigned camp.
- Uphold camp and workplace health and safety standards.
- Meet with clients and provide quality customer service by addressing their special requests and concerns in a prompt and effective manner.
- Supervising, training and managing staff performance issues.
- Manage staff scheduling, payroll and daily and weekly meetings.
- Inspecting, evaluating and ensuring the camp cleanliness, food quality and presentation and controlling inventory to meet or exceed expectation.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Maintain project budget; tracking occupancy, staffing and monitoring expenses.
- Performing administrative tasks which include liaisons with the client, managing room bookings, preparing reports.
- Troubleshooting minor maintenance problems if necessary.
- Camp, hotel or restaurant management experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of kitchen operations is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean drivers abstract.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Advanced Food Safety certification and First Aid certification.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
The Camp Manager is required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
The Camp Manager works on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays. This job is in a remote location to which there is limited access.
Wages are paid on a day rate basis up to 12 hours per shift. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for this position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program
The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Watch the video »
Outland kitchen team work hard to supply food services to emergency Bak Lake Fire camp
Outland kitchen team from Fort Hope, Grassy Narrows, Seine River and Fort William indigenous communities work hard to supply food services to emergency Bak Lake Fire camp in north western Ontario. Read more »
Outland FNNRYEP students attend Annual Science Week at Lakehead University and Confederation College.
TBT News item featuring Outland FNNRYEP students. Watch the video »
Congratulations Ryan Klages on your promotion to Operations Manager!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Ryan Klages on his promotion to Operations Manager of Manitoba. Read More... »
"Anything is Possible.." First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2016
Check out highlights from the the 2016 FIrst Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program in Northern Ontario. The video chronicles the journey of various youth as they navigate their way through training, education and work projects over the course of six weeks at the camps. Read More.. »
Volunteer Award awarded to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak for being awarded one of Carillion Canada's STAR Awards. Both received The Volunteer Award for their amazing work with the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program. Read More... »
Outland Acquired by Carillion Canada
Carillion Canada Inc. (“Carillion”) a wholly owned subsidiary of Carillion PLC, has announced its acquisition of 100 per cent of the share capital of Outland. Read more... »