We are looking for dynamic and confident team players with a passion for food that are looking for a challenge. We offer a concept that allows you to cook from scratch while managing a kitchen and keeping food and labour budgets in line. The ideal candidate is a competent experienced a la carte Chef that can produce an amazing dining experience for 200-1200 people.
Please note that this is a general application for various locations. Employment contract lengths will vary with each location.
Oversee all kitchen operations including but not limited to:
- Menu planning.
- Inventory management and ordering.
- Providing supervision, guidance and support to all Outland kitchen staff including; scheduling shifts, training and development through coaching and mentoring, delegation of assigned job tasks and employee evaluation and performance management.
- Working with the Camp Manager, Regional Manager and Regional Chef to achieve personal and company goals.
- Maintain ongoing communication and a working rapport with Outland's customers and clients. Ensuring that the client is satisfied with the overall service, cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining facilities.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Chef or Sous Chef role with experience in inventory management and food cost control.
- Camp, hotel or restaurant management experience is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Journeyman Red Seal and First Aid certification.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Positive attitude, clean and safe work habits, mentally organized and be able to not only follow standards but have the initiative to constantly set new ones.
The Chef is required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
The Chef works on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Wages are paid on a day rate basis up to 12 hours per shift. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for this position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
OYEP 2018 National Report Released!
Outland released the 2018 Outland Youth Employment Program National Report, and looks to expand in 2019! 19 Years of OYEP in the books! Here's to 19 more! Read More »
"That's a WRAP!" First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2018
The Outland Youth Employment Program had another successful season in 2018! The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Read More »
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »