We are looking for dynamic and confident team players with a passion for food that are looking for a challenge. We offer a concept that allows you to cook from scratch while managing a kitchen and keeping food and labour budgets in line. The ideal candidate is a competent experienced a la carte Chef that can produce an amazing dining experience for 200-1200 people.
Please note that this is a general application for various locations. Employment contract lengths will vary with each location.
Oversee all kitchen operations including but not limited to:
- Menu planning.
- Inventory management and ordering.
- Providing supervision, guidance and support to all Outland kitchen staff including; scheduling shifts, training and development through coaching and mentoring, delegation of assigned job tasks and employee evaluation and performance management.
- Working with the Camp Manager, Regional Manager and Regional Chef to achieve personal and company goals.
- Maintain ongoing communication and a working rapport with Outland's customers and clients. Ensuring that the client is satisfied with the overall service, cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining facilities.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Chef or Sous Chef role with experience in inventory management and food cost control.
- Camp, hotel or restaurant management experience is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Journeyman Red Seal and First Aid certification.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Positive attitude, clean and safe work habits, mentally organized and be able to not only follow standards but have the initiative to constantly set new ones.
The Chef is required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
The Chef works on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Wages are paid on a day rate basis up to 12 hours per shift. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for this position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
Volunteer Award awarded to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak for being awarded one of Carillion Canada's STAR Awards. Both received The Volunteer Award for their amazing work with the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program. Read More... »
You may have noticed our new company logo. It shows the joining together of two successful companies: Outland and Carillion. Carillion is a global leader in support services and construction with deep roots in Canada. Their support will enable Outland to grow and expand our offerings – both to clients and our own staff. We are proud of our 30 year history as Outland. We will keep the best of Outland’s “can do” approach to challenges and will combine it with Carillion’s vast experience and resources. Together, we are a stronger company! This synergy is captured in our new tagline: “Local Delivery.Global Expertise.”. Read More »
Manitoba Hydro's Keewatinohk Camp is Officially Open!
This past Wednesday September 16th marked the Grand Opening for Manitoba Hydro’s Keewatinohk Camp! This camp is located 90 km NE of Gillam, Manitoba and will house roughly 600 working men and women for years to come. This has been quite an experience for Outland working with Fox Lake Cree Nation and Manitoba Hydro and we are excited to announce the opening of this beautiful facility! Read More... »
FNNRYEP Closing Ceremonies 2015 - Welcome Carillion Canada!
Quetico Provincial Park’s Teaching Lodge proved to be the perfect location for the 16th annual Closing Ceremonies. The location reinforced the strengthening partnership between FNNRYEP, Ontario Parks, MAA, MNRF, MNDM and First Nations. The Teaching Lodge serves to remind all that Quetico lies on the traditional lands of at least 3 First Nations communities. Read More... »
16th Annual FNNRYEP Closing Ceremonies
Outland Camps has been delivering the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program for 16 summers since its inception in 2000. Over the years 375 youth hailing from 50 northern Ontario First Nations Communities have been employed by Outland in this unique work experience/training/life skill building opportunity. Outland works closely with the Ontario Government through MNR, MNDM, MAA and Ontario Parks along with First Nations, Education and Industry/Commercial partners in order to make it all happen each year. Read More... »
INSYNC media presents: A transformation Youth Camp for First Nations Youth in Northern Ontario
Lalita Krishna from INSYNC Media spent time in Northern Ontario, with Outland Camps, to document the unfolding of the 2015 First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program and the new Mink Lake First Nations Youth Employment Program. Her video chronicles the journey of various youth as they navigate their way through training, education and work projects over the course of six weeks at the camps. Read More... »
Outland Celebrates the Opening Ceremonies for the 16th Year of the First Nations Youth Employment Program
Outland and its operations partners, Lac Lacroix First Nation, Ontario Government, Confederation College and Lakehead University hosted the Opening Ceremonies for the 2015 First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program on Thursday July 16 at Mink Lake Camp. Read more... »
Outland Acquired by Carillion Canada
Carillion Canada Inc. (“Carillion”) a wholly owned subsidiary of Carillion PLC, has announced its acquisition of 100 per cent of the share capital of Outland. Read more... »