The First Cook is responsible for the proper and timely preparation of meals including, but not limited to, food service, food safety and supervision of kitchen staff.
Please note that this is a general application for various locations. Employment contract lengths will vary with each location.
- Coordinate and be responsible for the handling, preparation, production, and timely service of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in accordance with approved methods and standards.
- Ensure all meals prepared according to client scheduling and within the menu plan and budget guidelines.
- Prepare meals as per menu plan provided. Ensure adequate quantities of the menu choices are prepared as per the menu plan, and follow all production quotas set.
- Ensure food is prepared as close to consumption time as possible. Supervise all portioning to meals on serving line to ensure all clients are receiving amounts specified.
- Coordinate all kitchen staff involved in the preparation and serving of meals. The number of employees under supervision is dependent upon the particular Outland facility assigned, and fluctuates to match business needs.
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of all food supplies.
- Prepare and send food orders.
- Applicants must have a current Food Safe certificate.
- Applicants must have a current Level 1 First Aid certificate.
- Large scale camp cooking experience is an asset.
- Red Seal or other certifications is an Asset.
- Experience in accurately producing weekly inventories.
- High standards in maintaining a clean and organized Kitchen.
First Cooks are required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Perform work with arms at full length.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
First Cooks work on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays. They may be required to work split shifts.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for a position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
Congratulations Ryan Klages on your promotion to Operations Manager!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Ryan Klages on his promotion to Operations Manager of Manitoba. Read More... »
"Anything is Possible.." First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2016
Check out highlights from the the 2016 FIrst Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program in Northern Ontario. The video chronicles the journey of various youth as they navigate their way through training, education and work projects over the course of six weeks at the camps. Read More.. »
Volunteer Award awarded to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak for being awarded one of Carillion Canada's STAR Awards. Both received The Volunteer Award for their amazing work with the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program. Read More... »
Outland Acquired by Carillion Canada
Carillion Canada Inc. (“Carillion”) a wholly owned subsidiary of Carillion PLC, has announced its acquisition of 100 per cent of the share capital of Outland. Read more... »