The Kitchen Support staff support all aspects of the meal service and ensures the cleanliness of the common areas.
- Clean and maintain all kitchen areas of facilities as per cleaning schedules. This will include: heavy equipment (hood and oven vents), dining area, floors, dish and cookware, and all areas of back of house operation.
- Stock and replenish food service items such as cutlery, dishes, glasses, cups, and condiments during and after all meal periods.
- Assist the First Cook with the unloading and storage of all supplies and groceries.
- Large scale camp work experience is an asset.
- Current Food Safe certification an asset.
- Current First Aid Level 1 Certification an asset.
Kitchen Support staff are required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Kitchen Support staff work on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for a position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program
The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Watch the video »
Outland kitchen team work hard to supply food services to emergency Bak Lake Fire camp
Outland kitchen team from Fort Hope, Grassy Narrows, Seine River and Fort William indigenous communities work hard to supply food services to emergency Bak Lake Fire camp in north western Ontario. Read more »
Outland FNNRYEP students attend Annual Science Week at Lakehead University and Confederation College.
TBT News item featuring Outland FNNRYEP students. Watch the video »
Congratulations Ryan Klages on your promotion to Operations Manager!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Ryan Klages on his promotion to Operations Manager of Manitoba. Read More... »
"Anything is Possible.." First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2016
Check out highlights from the the 2016 FIrst Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program in Northern Ontario. The video chronicles the journey of various youth as they navigate their way through training, education and work projects over the course of six weeks at the camps. Read More.. »
Volunteer Award awarded to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak for being awarded one of Carillion Canada's STAR Awards. Both received The Volunteer Award for their amazing work with the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program. Read More... »
Outland Acquired by Carillion Canada
Carillion Canada Inc. (“Carillion”) a wholly owned subsidiary of Carillion PLC, has announced its acquisition of 100 per cent of the share capital of Outland. Read more... »